Helpful navigation toolbar

Friday, November 5, 2010

Two San Antonio night shots

I am going to cap off the week with two shots along the "art" theme here in San Antonio. The first shot is of the "Torch of Friendship" which was presented to the city of San Antonio by the artist Sebastian on 27 June 2002. If you have visited the city since then you have likely seen the giant red sculpture downtown (about a block south of the Alamo).

The last shot is a bit of my own art, outside of the normal HDR editing. This shot was of the Tower of Americas with my Tamron 28-300 lens from on top of the parking garage behind Casa Rio. I was happy with the processing, but didn't quite like the way the photo looked, it looked a little to plain. So I added a full moon into the shot to give it another element of light against the back drop of the night sky. I like how it came out, but I will be the first to admit that the moon was added in after processing, which is why I consider it my "art" shot of this week.

I hope you enjoy the photos!


Torch of Friendship

Tower of Americas and Full Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment