Helpful navigation toolbar

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Closeups from the Seal & Sea Lion Community

Today's post is comprised of two very close up photos of sea lions at Sea World San Antonio that I took with the Tamron 28-300 lens. The photos were taken at the Seal & Sea Lion Community exhibit at Sea World San Antonio, located in San Antonio, Texas. I took close to 400 shots (a majority of them at this exhibit) trying to capture "perfect" (to me at least) shots of the animals as they slept, swam, and begged for the small fish available for purchase that allows visitors to feed the animals. The first photo is of (I may be wrong on this, if I am please correct me) a Harbor Seal and the second shot is of a Sea Lion (I am not a marine biologist, I don't play one on TV, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so please correct me if I am wrong!).

I tweaked the photos a bit to make the water appear roughly the same color and brightness in both photos, and I desaturated the overall coloring of the photo to make the animals a little less "glossy" from the water on their fur. I think the shot of the Sea Lion came out as the better of the two, what do you think?

As always, feel free to leave any comments or feedback, and remember to click on the photo to view each shot in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!

Harbor Seal


Sea Lion



No comments:

Post a Comment