Helpful navigation toolbar

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fiesta Texas Holiday in the Park

Today's photo is (probably) the last in a series of shots that I will post from a quick trip up to Fiesta Texas on New Year's Day. As I stated in yesterday's post, my main reason to visit the park was to get a shot of the boardwalk and ferris wheel before the park closed for the season, but I also used the opportunity to take several shots of the "Holiday in the Park" displays. This shot was taken not too far from the front gate (in fact, in the center-ish (I know, it isn't a word) of the shot you can see several ghosted images clustered together, that is the front gate).

This display (the foreground of the shot) was set up to synchronize lights blinking on and off to the musical scores of several Christmas songs, which was pretty neat. Since the longer exposure captures all the light that it can, all of the lights in this shot look to be on at once. The background of the shot captures several of the buildings around the entrance that were covered in lights as well (those were on all the time). I did a bit of combining from the bracketed shots and an image generated from one processed RAW shot to get rid of as much of the ghosting as I could. I hope you like the results!

As always, feel free to leave any comments/feedback either below or in my online gallery, and remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my smugmug gallery where you can view this and other images I have processed in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


Fiesta Texas Holiday in the Park

No comments:

Post a Comment