Helpful navigation toolbar

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fireworks at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort

Today's photo is one I took shortly after midnight of the fireworks presentation put on by the Hyatt Hill Country Resort. I debated going downtown last night to try to get some shots of the New Year's Celebration, but decided against it after finding out that the Hyatt was planning their own celebration. The Hill Country Resort shoots of fireworks on the Fourth of July, but I don't remember them having a display for the New Year's Celebration before.

I wanted to focus on just the fireworks while I was taking shots, mainly because the fireworks are only shot off from about 500 yards or so from our backyard, so there isn't much of a chance to get any background details since the fireworks are so close (in fact, these were taken at the widest setting, 17mm, that the lens I shot the fireworks is able to reach).

I did not desaturate these shots too much as the subject of all the shots I took last night were only the fireworks, and I wanted to retain most of the colors (I did merge the final result with the original photo to give is a slight bit of natural look to it though).

Feel free to leave any comments below, and remember you can click on the photo to view it in a variety of sizes. Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by!


Hyatt Hill Country Resort Fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment