Helpful navigation toolbar

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mission Espada II

For some reason I decided to re-process an old photo today, and I finally decided on one that I took on the 14th of September of Mission Espada here in San Antonio (for my previous post back in September, please click here). I am not sure why exactly I decided on this shot but I am quite happy with the results of reprocessing it. I took this shot with the original lens that came with my T1i camera, so it is not nearly as sharp as my newer photos, but I still think that it ended up looking pretty good.


I desaturated the end result using a two step method in Silver Efex Pro, first I used a slightly extra amount of desaturation using the normal black and white, then I added the Antique Plate setting, which gives it the slightly ghosted look around the edges. I thought about making the effect stronger at first and although it looked pretty neat, I settled on this mix of the results for my post.


As always, please feel free to leave comments and feedback, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted at smugmug where you can view this and my other photos in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


Mission Espada II


No comments:

Post a Comment