Helpful navigation toolbar

Friday, February 18, 2011

Old-Fashioned Friday - Dolphin at Sea World

Welcome to the second installment of Old-Fashioned Friday. Today's photo is one that I took in August of a dolphin at Sea World San Antonio. One of the things you may be wondering is "Well Brian, why did you choose this photo?" To be totally honest, I don't really have a reason other than I have always liked this shot, and rather than work on something that has been done several times (like an old-style shot of the Alamo or of Ft. McHenry), I thought "when is the last time that I ever saw an old fashioned photo of a hungry dolphin"? And then I immediately answered my own question aloud with a firm "You have never seen that". (At that point people started to look at me strange for carrying on a conversation with myself, but oh well!). I love going to SeaWorld and shooting the different scenes there, and I believe it is going to open again in a few weeks. I need to get some closer shots of the killer whales, the penguins, and the shows, but there is just something about the dolphins that always draws me to shooting them!



Old-Fashioned Friday - Dolphin at Sea World



Please feel free to leave comments and/or feedback, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug, where you can view this photo (and all of the others ones that I have posted) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. GREAT image, Brian, I love it! You've really processed this one just perfectly, what a fantastic end result.

    ReplyDelete