Helpful navigation toolbar

Monday, February 21, 2011

Washington Monument


Since today is President's Day here in the United States (for the non-US citizens reading this blog post that means most of us do not have to work and for one day only we get incredible deals on cars, mattresses, and electronics). I decided to look at the photos I took while in Washington D.C. back in October and found this shot of the Washington Monument that for some reason I never processed. I wanted to bring out the US flags and the monument itself more than normal, so I once again reverted to Nik Software's Silver Efex and onOne Software's Mask Pro to get rid of the "color" in everything else. I am quite pleased with how this photo came out, I especially like the color that the sun cast on the western facing of the monument.



Washington Monument



Please feel free to leave any comments and/or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this and my other photos in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by! (And take advantage of some of the awesome online electronics deals going on today too!!)



5 comments:

  1. Absolutely great, LOVE the brooding sky on the horizon and the tension it adds to the scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone! I am really glad you like the shot! To get the "brooding" effect I actually combined the inverted black and white coloring with the original coloring to make everything except the monument and flags stand out. It wasn't terribly cloudy when I took the shot, blending the two layers of processing did that! (And yes..I do have that remembered for the next time I want the sky to have that look!)

    ReplyDelete