Helpful navigation toolbar

Friday, May 13, 2011

Star Wars At Disney

Today's photos were taken at Disney Hollywood Studios during our vacation to Florida. The first day that we visited the park I didn't take my camera, thinking that there would not be much there that I would be interested in shooting. Boy was I wrong!

The first photo is looking up at a recreation of the Ewok Village on the Forest Moon of Endor. As you wait in line for the ride "Star Tours" (which was unfortunately closed during our trip) the queue wraps around the Ewok Village. I purposely took the shot with the sun casting some glare because I think it adds to the overall feel of the shot. I did a small bit of touch-up brightening on the base of the tree in the center of the photo, but I only modified that small little bit from the resulting image in Photomatix.

Even though the area was closed off I managed to slip in during one of the parades and get enough shots to compose this photo before I was asked if I was "lost". Yes, I definitely was "lost", but it was in the wonderment of being able to actually photograph something that I had seen in Return of the Jedi growing up!


Ewok Village

Canon 60D, on tripod, 9 total shots (-4 through +4), EF 17-40mm f/4L (@17mm), Aperature f/8


The second shot is of an AT-AT that was located near the village. This was a pretty difficult shot to process because it was quite windy when I took these shots, so despite my best efforts the trees are slightly blurred, although once again I think this enhances the centerpiece of the shot, the very menacing AT-AT. I thought about adding a little emphasis to the shot like a glow around the barrels as if it had just been shooting at me, but ultimately decided against it.


AT-AT

Canon 60D, on tripod, 9 total shots (-4 through +4), EF 17-40mm f/4L (@32mm), Aperature f/8



If you are so inclined, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view the photos that I have posted in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment