Helpful navigation toolbar

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Chomp!


The subject of today's post is a crocodile from the Cape Fear Serpentarium in Wilmington, North Carolina. The Serpentarium is home to a wide array of animals but primarily features snakes, including some rare and very deadly snakes. The snakes are rated by a "skull" system in to inform visitors on how deadly the snake is. One of the snakes (the name of the species escapes me right now) had some very exquisite coloring to it and my girlfriend asked if we could bring it home "because it only had three and a half skulls" My answer, of course, was no. :)


The crocodile in this photograph stood very still, but you can see some blurring in the lower neck where the crocodile moved and breathed during the time that was needed to expose this shot. I tried my best to remove all of the elements of the protective glass, but you can see the reflection of the multicolored lights in the crocodile's eye (I left that in because I think it looks pretty neat!).


If you are in the Wilmington, North Carolina area I highly recommend paying the Serpentarium a visit. There are not many places where you can see exotic snakes such as the Bushmaster in the U.S., and each snake animal on display has a good deal of information printed on display plaques so you can learn more about them. You can even see some of the staff feed the snakes if you are so inclined!


Chomp!




Please feel free to click on the photo above to view it in various sizes. Clicking on the photo also takes you to my online gallery, hosted over at smugmug, where you can browse this (and other) photos that I have posted. If you enjoyed viewing this photo, please take a moment and leave comments and/or feedback. Please also feel free to pass the link of this photo on to others if you so desire. Thanks for stopping by!!



2 comments: