Helpful navigation toolbar

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lowest Level

Today's photo was taken on the fifth (lowest) level of the parking garage under the Grand Hyatt in San Antonio, Texas. I got lucky and took it when there were no vehicles parked there at all which helps add to the vastness of the shot. I went pretty heavy with the Nik Silver Efex on this shot (in fact, the shot is only about 15% of the original coloring while the rest is several mixes of black and white!). The parking garage leads to a dead end on the left (you can see the barricade chain up preventing vehicles from proceeding any farther. I need to walk down there one of these days and see what is actually there!


I thought about taking the weird glow around the lights out (from desaturating colors, black and white conversion, and HDR blending), but after some debating I think they add an additional element of strangeness to the shot and decided to keep them in there.


Lowest Level


If you are so inclined, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. If you enjoyed this post, please take the time to pass my post(s) on to others whom you also feel would enjoy my work. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is totally awesome Brian! I love the subtle light in the parkade, it helps to notice the wonderful textures and details!

    ReplyDelete