Helpful navigation toolbar

Saturday, July 9, 2011

MiG-21

Today's photo is of a MiG-21 "Fishbed C" that is on display at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum's Udvar-Hazy Center near Chantilly, Virginia. This shot was entirely made possible thanks to my purchase of a Gorillapod shortly before my most recent trip, which allowed me to wrap the legs around the railing to take this shot.

In post processing I selected everything except the plane (and the missile/rocket in the foreground)(I didn't have a chance to see what it was because there were several Air Force recruiting tables set up in front of the railing on that side which blocked the display), and added a touch of blurring and desaturation to make the MiG stand out a bit more from the rest of the exhibits. You can read more about the aircraft at the official Air and Space Museum site, located here.

MiG-21 "Fishbed C"


Please feel free to leave comments and/or feedback below. Also remember that clicking on the photo itself lets you view the image in a variety of sizes by taking you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug. Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. I do enjoy it when you go to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Another quality shot. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete