Helpful navigation toolbar

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fiesta Bay Boardwalk

SPOILER ALERT! Today's post consists of two photos. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the second!

Today's shot is of the "Fiesta Bay Boardwalk" located at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. I took this shot on New Year's Day when I visited to get some shots of the ferris wheel (which I am looking quite forward to shooting again when the park reopens!). Unfortunately, like several photos I sat down to process lately, I just wasn't quite happy with how the result was turning out.


So, I got creative again with the tools from Nik Software (have I mentioned how awesome their products are?) and settled on trying give the shot a very desaturated look with a fair amount of vignetting and a smidge of bokeh. As a result of applying these effects I ended up with the resulting photo, which I feel makes the shot look as if it is a very old photo, but without looking overly darkened. When I set up to take the shot I imagined a bright and vibrant result from processing, but I like the look of this photo much more!


As always, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


Fiesta Bay Boardwalk












And as an added bonus, here is another shot from the massive snow event San Antonio encountered yesterday. This is the bird bath in our backyard that is covered with snow and ice!


Snowy and Icy Bird Bath


No comments:

Post a Comment