Helpful navigation toolbar

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Boeing FB-5 and a Bonus

Today's post covers two photos, the first is the Boeing FB-5 and the second is a shot from my flight from Dulles to Atlanta of some interesting cloud formations.

The Boeing FB-5 is one of the first planes you encounter in the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center if you choose to walk down the first platform on the left after you enter the building. I can't say exactly what it is, but there is something about this plane that I really like (it is probably the way it is displayed, I cannot put a finger on exactly what it is that jumped out at me). The FB series of aircraft were produced originally for the Navy in 1923, and through trial, error, and testing the FB-5 series finally fixed most of the flaws with the previous models. According to the display, the FB-5 in the photo served on the USS Langley and the USS Saratoga.


Boeing FB-5


The bonus shot for today isn't anything terribly spectacular, it is just of the cloud formations that I saw looking out the window during my flight from Dulles to Atlanta. I thought it was interesting, so I got a few shots as soon as I was allowed to use electronic devices. There was a great opportunity for some spectacular sunset shots as we were arriving to Atlanta, but we were on approach and were already advised to stop using electronic devices, so unfortunately I wasn't able to get any shots of the bright red sunset.

Delta flight from Dulles to Atlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment