Helpful navigation toolbar

Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE USS Enterprise


This is another thing that I remember from my trip to Washington DC when I was young, the actual model of the USS Enterprise that was used on the show (1966-1969). The model is located on the lower level of the gift shop in the Air and Space Museum (if it were up to me, I would put the model near the entrance of the museum, instead of "hiding" it in the gift shop). It's amazing to me that this model (and the show itself!) is nearly 45 years old. I wish the model was on display hanging, so tourists wanting to take photos do not have to deal with glare and reflections, but at least it is on display still. (I like Star Wars too, BUT... I don't recall seeing any models from any of the Star Wars movies being on display )



USS Enterprise

No comments:

Post a Comment