Helpful navigation toolbar

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

St. Matthews Ceiling and Dome

Today's photo is another shot from inside St. Matthews, located in Washington DC. This shot is of the ceiling and dome of the cathedral, showing the artwork that adorns the interior of St. Matthews. I cannot stress enough how amazing the sites within the cathedral are. You could literally spend an entire day inside shooting various angles and shots and you would still be overwhelmed with just how detailed the interior is.

This shot is a little darker than the previous shot because illumination usually works from the ceiling to the floor, not the other way around. I didn't fix it too much in processing because that also allows more of the detail to be brought out in the shot, which is what I was really trying to capture in the shot. I included the re-taken shot as well so you can see how much of a difference the different field of view made. The arch that crosses at the top of this photo is the same as the arch at the top of the original photo, it is just a different perspective (and a few feet closer to the front of the church). I am glad that I was able to find time to shoot this church again, and if/when I get another chance to visit the DC area St. Matthews will always be very high on my list of places to shoot.


St. Matthews Ceiling and Dome


St. Matthews Interior


Please feel free to leave comments and/or feedback below. Also remember that clicking on the photo lets you view the image in various sizes as well as taking you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment