Helpful navigation toolbar

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fort McHenry Canons

Today's photo is of some of the canons located outside of Fort McHenry, in Baltimore, Maryland. I used a similar approach to this photo as I did with the Bond Street Wharf photo in that I tried to make it look like an old fashioned picture, with a little bit of color. I did this using Color Efex Pro 3, then merging the results of that with portions of the original photo to make bits and pieces come out a bit differently. I also used the technique I picked up from Scott Frederick on different levels of noise reduction in different portions of the shot. The sky I had a fairly heavy amount on, while the rest of the photo I left pretty much as it was.


After seeing the result of the Bond Street Wharf photo, I applied a little bit of what I learned from that shot in this one as well. One of the methods I used in this photo was the coloring in the grass. When I had another look at the Bond Street Wharf, I think the grass came out a little too dark, so this time I made an effort to brighten it, but keep about the same level of green coloring. I like the grass in this shot much better, but that may also be because the overall scene was much brighter than the Bond Street Wharf shot.


Please feel free to leave comments or feedback, and remember that clicking on the photo links to my smugmug gallery, where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


Fort McHenry Canons



No comments:

Post a Comment