Helpful navigation toolbar

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve III

Today's photo is a shot (again) from the Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve. Even though the angle of the shot has not changed that much since my original post, the amount of water coming from the top of the grotto has increased quite a bit. As I previously stated, I think this is because it got warmer as the day went on, and more water was released because of the increase of temperature. If anyone knows the reason for the increase of water later in the day I would greatly appreciate leaving a comment or sending me an email with an explanation!


I took a few liberties with this photo, as I have done for the previous shots. I replaced the plain blue sky with clouds, although I went a little further this time and removed an overhanging limb by simply blending it into the new cloud background. I can only imagine just how impressive Hamilton Pool is going to be later in the year once the vegetation begins to grow again, and I am quite looking forward to visiting again for some more shots!


As always, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also please remember that clicking on this photo takes you to my smugmug gallery, where you can view this (and any other of my photos) in various sizes. As always, thanks for stopping by!



Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve III



1 comment: