Helpful navigation toolbar

Monday, January 10, 2011

Liberty Bell

Today's photo is of the Liberty Bell, on display at the Liberty Bell Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I got lucky and got a few photos before anyone went around to the backside to take photos of it, so there are no extra people in the background. As I researched the Liberty Bell, I came across something interesting (which unfortunately you cannot see from this angle). The inscription on the Liberty Bell reads "By Order of the Assembly of the Province of Pensylvania for the State House in Philada." At the time of the creation of the Liberty Bell, the proper spelling for Pennsylvania had not yet been established, which is why there is only one "n" rather than two. I wish I would have known that prior to shooting it, I would have tried to capture that in the shot.


As always, please feel free to leave comments/feedback on the photo, and remember that clicking on the photo allow you to view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


Liberty Bell



No comments:

Post a Comment