Helpful navigation toolbar

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shoot Out The Star!

Today's photo is one that I took last night at a small road-side carnival near Marbach Road and Loop 410, in the parking lot of what used to be a K-Mart shopping center. I don't know if there is a schedule for this carnival to come to town, as I have seen it before, but I think it is usually around Fiesta when it has appeared before.


I figured it would be a good spot to take some photos, and although there are bumper cars, a giant slide, a ferris wheel, and other assorted rides, this is my favorite shot of the night so I processed it first. I purposely went for a slightly surreal look to this shot because I felt a natural look didn't do it justice. As you can see there are many types of prizes that you can win, ranging from a stuffed SpongeBob SquarePants to a Michael Jordan jersey. There were probably about 200 people at the carnival which was more than I expected. I was fortunate and able to time these brackets so there were only a few people in the shot, but even still I wasn't able to get rid of all of the ghosting, although I did get most of it.


Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and any of my other photos) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


Shoot Out The Star!


No comments:

Post a Comment