Helpful navigation toolbar

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Splashdown!

Today's photo I started working on for a post tomorrow (I prefer to work one day ahead, in case something comes up so I have a "backup" photo to post), but I liked it so much I decided I could not wait and wanted to post it today.


This photo was taken at the ride "Journey to Atlantis" at Sea World San Antonio on December 26th. Yes, for all of you that are enduring incredibly cold temperatures and snow/ice/wintry mixes, it was plenty warm enough in December for Sea World to run some of the "water" rides. As you can see though, not many people chose to partake in that ride, so I'll have to shoot it again when it gets warmer (in about two weeks....har har!) I used several tools in composing this shot, to include my two new favorite tools Mask Pro and Silver Efex Pro (I promise I will stop yammering on about the new tools one of these days!). I am really enjoying how much of a difference blending the black and white layer with the full colored layer makes, as the colors seem to come out looking much more natural. I also used Bokeh 2 on this shot to keep the focus a bit more on the center of the shot and the "splash" effect that the ride creates. I also slightly enhanced the color at the center of the photo to give the shot (to me at least) a slight look of a falsified "3D" effect (I apologize in advance if you are not able to see that effect).


Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted at smugmug where you can view this (and any other photos I posted) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!



Slashdown!




No comments:

Post a Comment