Helpful navigation toolbar

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Save the Clock Tower


Today's photo is of a clock tower next to the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas. It also appears that the bottom portion of the clock tower is an elevator which shuttles occupants between street level and the Riverwalk. I had not seen this before until last night, it is not new by any stretch of the imagination, it is just a prime example of walking somewhere downtown that I had not been before to see what is there (in fact, this is about a block and a half away from the bridge that I took the "Looking Down The Riverwalk" shot from). One of the things that I really enjoy about photography is situations like this. I have been downtown hundreds of times, but turning right when I normally turn left opens up so many new potential photo opportunities that I had no idea existed!


I took this shot just as some clouds started to roll in, and I purposely took several faster shots in an effort to have a non blown-out moon in the photo, but I decided that I liked the look and ultimately decided on keeping it in the shot.


Since I titled the post as an homage to the "Back to the Future" trilogy, I debated staying around until 10:04 and and taking the shot, but I think I am going to wait on that for the summer and hopefully get one of the evening thunderstorms rolling through. I know that am going to have to be incredibly lucky to get a shot of lightning strikes and the clock tower reading 10:04. I could probably increase my chances of success if I was able to acquire a DeLorean too (To quote Doc: "Yes, the way I see it, if your gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?") but I don't want to get too greedy so I will just settle on trying to get a storm and the clock reading 10:04 in a shot (and if I am only able to get a lighting strike in the shot, I will probably cheat and Photoshop the clock face reading 10:04 into the lightning strike shot)



Save the Clock Tower




Please feel free to leave any comments and/or feedback, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!




Bloggers Note: The clock tower is not in any danger of being destroyed or torn down (that I know of). I just instantly though of Back to the Future when I saw it and decided to title the post accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment