Helpful navigation toolbar

Monday, February 28, 2011

Sea World San Antonio - Animal Introductions

Welcome to the first in a several part series where I will be discussing photos that I took during our trip yesterday to Sea World San Antonio. It was a fairly busy day of shooting (1241 images to be exact!) and a lot of the photos came out much better than I expected, especially shots of the show "Cannery Row Caper" which I will be starting possibly tomorrow (likely on Wednesday though). This series is meant to give you a small taste of what it is like to visit the park. I have repeatedly said that the park is one of my favorite places to visit here in San Antonio, as there is so much to see and so much to do. I really don't think that you can take a bad shot in the park!


All of my posts this week will contain photos from yesterday's trip to Sea World, so if you are a fan of the park or know someone that is, please feel free to let them know about my blog series. It is going to be a fun week!


The first photo in today's series is a shot of one of the killer whales leaping from the water to touch the suspended "Believe" ball during the Believe show. Sea World offers several different shows every day and all of them are outstanding. I need to arrive at the stadium earlier to get a better seat so that I have better angles for shots the next time I visit. This is probably the only shot that I will post from "Believe" that we attended yesterday just because I am not totally happy with the angle that most of the shots were taken from.


Jumping Orca



The next photo is one of the last shots that I took yesterday, it is a closeup of a lorikeet inside of the lorikeet exhibit near Rocky Point Preserve (the sea lion interaction area). Yesterday was the first time that we had the opportunity to go inside of the feeding area (you can purchase a small cup of nectar to enter the area. Once inside the birds will land on you and eat right out of the cup, it is pretty interesting!). During our previous trips we arrived after the window of opportunity for feeding the lorikeets had closed, so it was nice to encounter something new that we had previously not encountered before. The area is kind of small, but all of the birds were very colorful and I am looking forward to getting higher quality shots the next time that I have the opportunity to take part in the interactive exhibit.


Lorikeet



Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. These are great Brian, and I LOVE the blog that accompanies the images! Really looking forward to more of this series this week! The multiple image approach is really working for this series. Good Lord, sir, you took a lot of photos... that can only mean great things for us!

    ReplyDelete