Helpful navigation toolbar

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pedernales Falls

Today's photo is a shot from Pedernales Falls State Park which is located near Johnson City, Texas. We visited the park shortly after making another trip to Hamilton Pool, and although the distance between the two parks is not that far, it took about 30 minutes to make the trip from one park to the other. The park itself was fairly nice, with lots of signs of "beware flash floods" which are apparently very prevalent in the area.

Unfortunately, the "falls" were comprised of water rushing over small raised areas, it was nowhere near what I had envisioned, although visiting the park after a good rain may produce different results.

I particularly like this shot because it captures a little of everything with the water. It is pooling in the foreground, crashing in the upper right, and rushing over rocks in the upper left. I converted the entire shot to black and white using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2, then blended the "froth" of the water between that photo and the processed shot to make it look more natural and less blue. Other than that, I didn't do much of anything special to this shot outside of my normal processing routine.


Pedernales Falls


If you are so inclined, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. If you enjoyed this post, please take the time to pass my post(s) on to others whom you also feel would enjoy my work. Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. What a great capture Brian, and I LOVE the processing you've done here! Beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete