Helpful navigation toolbar

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Flowers and Fireworks

This past Sunday I attended the "Flowers and Fireworks" presentation at the San Antonio Botanical Garden. Fireworks are launched from Fort Sam Houston (located next door) and the vantage point from the garden is excellent. I had hoped that the fireworks would be higher in the air (to get some reflections in either one of the large lakes or the small pond) but I ended up settling on this view from the lower courtyard. The tops of the two buildings did a decent job framing the fireworks in the photo, so I just took photos trying to time the shots perfectly. As you probably know if you have shot fireworks, it can be difficult getting the timing just right to capture "the" shot you are looking for, but the shots below are what I feel are the best. Neither of the images are "true HDR" images, although I did blend portions from an overexposed and underexposed version together then did some work with the curves and other effects using Nik Color Efex Pro and Silver Efex Pro.


Flowers and Fireworks I


Flowers and Fireworks II



If you are so inclined, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. If you enjoyed this post, please take the time to pass my post(s) on to others whom you also feel would enjoy my work. Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Brian, these are breathtaking fireworks shots here! I LOVE the framing with the building you composed... it just adds so much interest. Totally awesome, my friend, I am lovin' these shots!!

    ReplyDelete