Helpful navigation toolbar

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hollow Tree

Today''s photo is one of the first photos that I took after officially moving up here to Maryland. This shot was taken at Downs Park which is part of the Anne Arundel County Park system. It is a beachfront park, well to the Chesapeake Bay, that has the added benefit of allowing you to bring dogs to the park! We went there to primarily get some shots of the pier (which will be upcoming) but noticed that some new objects had washed in, including this hollow tree.

Fortunately my tripod allows the legs to be positioned in pretty much any direction, as I believe I had one leg at about 60 degrees, the other at 145, and the other around 220 or so to wedge it securely inside of the tree to allow the shot. That is why the "opening" at the end is slightly off center, but I think it adds a much more natural and realistic look to the photo.

I will have more time to make posts now that I have finally got everything set up and moved in, including some shots we took yesterday of St. Matthews Cathedral in Washington D.C. as I have never posted (or shot!) before!


Hollow Tree

Please feel free to leave comments and/or feedback below. Also remember that clicking on the photo itself lets you view the image in a variety of sizes by taking you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment