Helpful navigation toolbar

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Some Really Great News!

I have some really great news that I can finally share with all of you! This summer, I was approached by a representative from Random House publishing who inquired about using a photo that I took of St. Matthew's Cathedral in Washington, D.C on the cover of an upcoming book.  Naturally, I was quite honored to even be considered to have one of my photos on the cover of a book, as I still think it is quite surreal that people would even want to display the photos that I take on the walls of their homes and offices.

The book is titled "The Church: Unlocking the Secrets to the Places Catholics Call Home" and was written by Cardinal Donald Wuerl and Mike Aquilina.  It is due to be released on March 5th of 2013, and is slated to be released in both hardcover and e-book editions.  You can see what the cover of the book looks like on the official Random House website of the book, which is located at http://www.randomhouse.com/book/219104/the-church-by-cardinal-donald-wuerl-and-mike-aquilina


This is the full version of the photo that I took that is on the cover, as it was cropped slightly to fit on the cover of the book:




I am quite looking forward to getting a copy of the book, and if you would kindly share this post with anyone that would possibly be a fan of either my photography or the book (or even both!) I would greatly appreciate it!


Brian

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Brian! This is a TERRIFIC photo and well worthy of being on the front cover of a book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! It's been a busy year and I haven't been able to shoot & post as much as I would like, hopefully next year has more opportunities!

      Delete
  2. Wow Brian! Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself and your work. You are a fantastic photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Your comment totally made my entire day :)

      Delete