Helpful navigation toolbar

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Our Lady of The Atonement Catholic Church

Today's shot is of the interior of "Our Lady of The Atonement Catholic Church" located in San Antonio, Texas. This was the first stop during an off day when I decided to go around and get shots of the interiors of different churches in San Antonio. I saw a shot of the sanctuary online and instantly decided to take a shot of it (mainly because of the rich royal color in the ceiling). I took a few from the floor, then decided to get up on the balcony near the organ to take some additional shots and I am very glad I did. I saw a few photos taken from the floor but none from this vantage point and I feel like it made a HUGE difference.


Once again I added a lesser exposed image to bring out the stained glass in the middle of the shot (I left the side windows alone because they came out decent (the sun was on the right side of the church at the time, so the windows on the left weren't terribly over exposed. I also made the glass from each of the light fixtures slightly darker (once again using the under exposed image) to make them look slightly more "natural" as well. I really hope you enjoy looking at this shot!



Interior shot of Our Lady of The Atonement, San Antonio, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment