Helpful navigation toolbar

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Scooter

Today's photo is another shot that I took at the small roadside carnival in the old Kmart parking lot near Marbach and Loop 410. I took a series of bracketed shots, but since the bumper cars moved quite a bit between photos, I ended up using a single shot to create an HDR image, thanks to adding and subtracting exposure using Digital Photo Professional, which comes bundled with Canon DSLR cameras. I had a little bit of trouble getting this photo exactly how I wanted, so for the finished product I used one of the presets in Nik Silver Efex Pro to give the photo a slight vignette look, which applying quite a bit more desaturation than I normally use. The resulting photo captures a slightly eerie, creepy, and isolated feeling in the shot, which is pretty much exactly how attending the carnival made me feel.


Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback, and remember clicking on the link takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug, where you can view this and my other photos in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!



Scooter


No comments:

Post a Comment