Helpful navigation toolbar

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Topsy-Turvy

I felt like trying something totally new with today's photo from Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve. I was messing around with getting the reflection coloring just right for my sky and I flipped the shot vertically to get the sky lined up with the reflection to do a slight bit of blending. It was then that I noticed just how cool the shot looked upside down, so I decided to play with the Infrared film filters in Nik Color Efex Pro, and after some work I ended up with this photo. I added some extra vignetting around the photo to make it look a little more surreal, but all in all, through trying to fix the shot up a bit I think I might have ended up with a better shot than what I was working towards. Sometimes you find the neatest things totally by accident!



Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve - Topsy-Turvy




Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment