Helpful navigation toolbar

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Snake!!!

The subject of today's photo is a rattlesnake that is on display at the San Antonio Zoo. This one stuck out in my mind because it is very fat compared to the other snakes and the rattle is very long.

I used a touch of AlienSkin Software Bokeh on this shot to help make the snake stand out a bit more from the background (similar to what I did in the Marvel Superhero Island photo from a few days ago). I took this shot with the Tamron lens so the color and clarity are not what would be if I had taken this shot with one of my "L" lenses. Our zoo trip yesterday was primarily to test out my new macro flash as well as the new carry bag that I got. The bag is much smaller than my previous bag, but I only have the option to take a few lenses (two, three at the most) so I chose the 100m macro and the Tamron 28-300mm as that would give me the widest possible option to shoot with (and since it is the zoo, a high zoom lens is really important). I really like the new bag (Clik Elite Impulse Sling) (it is very light and very small) for around the area but when I travel and I need more lenses my tamrac Expedition bag will be back in service again.


Snake!!!


Please feel free to leave comments and/or feedback below. Also remember that clicking on the photo lets you view the image in various sizes as well as taking you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment