Helpful navigation toolbar

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Dying Fields

Today's photo is a scene that I actually noticed on the way back from Austin a few weeks ago after seeing Jim "Hot Pockets" Gaffigan do his stand-up comedy routine. This area is just outside of San Marcos on Interstate 35 South. I like particularly like this shot because you can see just how bad the drought has been, but there are some green-ish yellow areas and trees in the distance that still provide some hope that we will get rain...eventually. The most difficult part of this photo was the short walk from where I parked to the fence line surrounding the farm, as I was extra, extra careful with every step because I did not want to step on a fire ant hill, or even worse, a snake to get the shot. I purposely set up so the barbed wire was in the foreground, as I think it captures the overall feeling of looking out to the distance better.


The Dying Fields


Please feel free to leave comments and/or feedback below. Also remember that clicking on the photo itself lets you view the image in a variety of sizes by taking you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful HDR composition, I like the texture of the field. Excellent work with the processing Brian!

    ReplyDelete