Helpful navigation toolbar

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Lift is Real

I took this shot while visiting Baltimore earlier this month. I thought the graffiti "The Lift is Real" was interesting looking, so I took a shot of it. I didn't know until I processed the shot tonight what the back-story of this phrase was. Apparently in 2009 there was a film released called "The Lift". Below is some information from one of the few websites that I found which contained information about the film:

Released on: December 04, 2009, 10:53 am
Author: Alexis Malatino
Industry: Entertainment

BALTIMORE, MD – Studio5 announced tickets are now on sale for the upcoming premiere of the shockumentary, The Lift. The film is an account of two young filmmakers in Baltimore City who attempt to make a documentary about the artists and musicians that share a building, but they stumble upon a rumor that changes their plans entirely. The premiere is Monday, December 21st at 7pm at The Charles Theater located at 1711 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD. Tickets for the premiere are $10.00 and available online at www.TheLiftMovie.com and in person at Cyclops Bookstore at 30 W. North Avenue, Baltimore MD.


The film was written and directed by Brady Starr and the "secret" the filmmakers uncover is apparently something to do with music and vampires (I can't exactly tell for sure, there are scattered sites around the web with some information but none of them seem to have much in the way of details). While the film seems to have been just locally screened in Baltimore, I think it was pretty neat to have found the slogan spray-painted near a bridge. I also think it is interesting that upon having researched the photo I ended up finding a lot more in the way of background than I had anticipated. I can't imagine that this graffiti would have remained since last year, so the film obviously had at least one fan that keeps the theme of the film alive.

Please feel free to leave any questions and comments either below or on my smugmug gallery, and remember, clicking on the photo links to my online gallery where you can see this and other photos in a variety of sizes. Thanks for spending some of your time reading my blog and looking at my photos!


The Lift is Real


No comments:

Post a Comment