Helpful navigation toolbar

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bond Street Wharf

Today's photo is one that I took in December while visiting Baltimore, Maryland. I took this shot not too long after the Startled Seagulls at Fells Point photo. This shot is of the Bond Street Wharf, which I thought was an old building, but turns out was built in 2002. I guess they did a good job designing it, because it was supposed to fit in with the historic Fells Point area, and it obviously did enough that I thought it was a very old building! A little bit about the building from the official website:

"This 220,000 square foot, six-story office building was built in 2002 and is part of a larger, six-acre, $1 billion development effort (known as Greater Fells Point) on the waterfront in historic Fells Point. The building was designed by internationally renowned, RTKL. This Class-A office building offers state-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure featuring the only intelligent underfloor HVAC system in the region. Award-winning restaurants, hotels, housing and water transportation are nearby. A new 760-car parking garage located across the street is available to tenants of the building. Bond Street Wharf is a joint venture project of Struever Bros. Eccles & Rouse, Inc. and H&S Properties Development Corporation."


Because I thought the building was old, I tried some of the tweaks I haven't messed with that much in Nik Software's Color Efex Pro. I decided I wanted to make it sort of look like an old-time photo, but retain some coloring and the lighting/shadows of an HDR shot. After my normal steps of HDR creation process, I ran this through the "Old Photo" filter then made a few adjustments on the coloring and brightness until I got what I was looking for. I wanted to retain a small amount of color, but not too much (except for the sky, I wanted that to completely have the old photo effect) to sort of combines a new photo with an aged look. I really like the resulting image and I might just have to use it again on some other photos (maybe even reprocess a couple of them using this method).


As always, please feel free to leave comments or feedback. Don't forget that you can click on the photo to view this (and any other photos that I have posted) through my online gallery hosted over at smugmug. Thanks for stopping by!


Bond Street Wharf





No comments:

Post a Comment